Todd Christensen Profile Picture
Staff Writer at Debt Reduction Services

Businesses rely on our purchasing decisions for their own success, which gives us, the consumer, the power to determine whether a company stays in business or not.  But what if you have already made a purchase or received your service and are dissatisfied with it?  What types of actions can you take to rectify a disappointing situation? First and foremost, we do need to give the place of business an opportunity to resolve our complaint to the best of their ability.  If they are unable or unwilling, here are a couple of organizations that are willing to listen:

1. Better Business Bureau: A good place for issues relating to poor customer service, a company not providing an item or service as agreed, or deceptive business practices. The BBB is a nonprofit organization that provides business ratings and is not a government agency. Consequently, it has no regulatory or legal authority over the business. See

2. State Attorney General: A vital office to address deceptive business practices, ID theft, or violations against consumer protection laws. Find your attorney general’s office through your state’s home page.

3. Use this as a rating system for services you have received from contractors, service companies, and doctors.  This is a system where you can report praise for excellent service and products as well. See also Angie’s List (a subscription service with similar goals) at

If you are displeased with a product or service, please do try to settle it with the original business before complaining to others.  Oftentimes, if you are not having any success with complaining over the phone, complaints in writing may make the business aware of the seriousness of the situation, encouraging them to take greater steps to resolve the issue.

As always, if you have any questions, would like to discuss your financial challenges, or are just looking for advice, please call us at your convenience. As always, we are here to help and look forward to hearing from you.

1-877-OUT-DEBT (688-3328)

No Comments!

Leave a Reply

6213 N. Cloverdale Rd. Suite 100 Boise, ID 83713

Send this to a friend