About Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling
If you are planning on filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 states that you must complete a Certified Pre-Filing Counseling Session with an approved Non-Profit counseling agency.
Since 1996 Debt Reduction Services has been helping people like you complete this Pre-Filing Counseling Session from the comfort of your own home, and on your own timeframe. We’ve assisted thousands of consumers receive their bankruptcy counseling certificates. We know filing bankruptcy can be a stressful and expensive process; therefore we’ve made it our goal to simplify the process and keep our fees low.
Your Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling Course will:
- Take place through a secured online application which you can pause and return to at your convenience.
- Fullfill the Budget Briefing & Credit Counseling requirements.
- Include registration, a disclosure agreement, options for payment, and an educational course which will last around an hour.
- Include a Personalized Financial Summary and a list of debt options to consider once the online course is completed.
- Upon completion of the course, you can talk to one of our Certified Credit Counselors to review the information and findings and receive the Certificate of Completion.
About Debt Reduction Services
Our mission is to promote financial responsibility in our clients and community members nationwide. We accomplish this through educational programs, counseling, and personalized services. We thus empower individuals to develop and use positive budgeting skills and effective spending behaviors, to use credit wisely, and to prevent, manage, and eliminate consumer debt.
Debt Reduction Services is certified compliant by BVQi NA,Inc. to the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Standard in order to ensure the highest level of quality service to our clients. Our credit counselors are certified through an independent credentialing body recognized by the debt management industry and individual state regulators and creditors.
Debt Reduction Services is also an A+ member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Financial Counseling Association of America. FCAA is a national membership organization, established to promote quality and consistent delivery of Credit Counseling Services.
Approval does not endorse or assure of the quality of a Provider’s services.