About Post-Filing Debtor Education
If you have recently filed Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 states that you must complete a Certified Post-Filing Debtor Education Course with an approved agency.
Since 1996 Debt Reduction Services has been helping people like you complete this Post-Filing Debtor Education Course from the comfort of your own home, and on your own timeframe. We’ve assisted thousands of consumers to receive their bankruptcy counseling certificates. We know filing bankruptcy can be a stressful and expensive process; therefore we’ve made it our goal to simplify the process and keep our fees low.
Your Post-Filing Debtor Education Course will:
- Take place through a secured online application which you can pause and return to at your convenience.
- Instruct you on important financial subjects ranging from Household Budgeting to Risk Management and Consumer Protections.
- Last the required 2 hours as specified by the 2005 Bankruptcy Act.
- Give you helpful Tips and Suggestions designed to help you improve your financial situation.
- Provide you (on completion) with the Certificate of Debtor Education via email for you to print and deliver to your legal counsel within 3 business days.
About Debt Reduction Services
Our mission is to promote financial responsibility to our clients and community members nationwide. We accomplish this through educational programs, counseling, and personalized services. We thus empower individuals to develop and use positive budgeting skills and effective spending behaviors, to use credit wisely, and to prevent, manage, and eliminate consumer debt.
Debt Reduction Services is certified compliant by BVQi NA, Inc. to the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Standard in order to ensure the highest level of quality service to our clients. Our credit counselors are certified through an independent credentialing body recognized by the debt management industry and individual state regulators and creditors.
Debt Reduction Services is also an A+ member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Financial Counseling Association of America. FCAA is a national membership organization, established to promote quality and consistent delivery of Credit Counseling Services.