I’m filing bankruptcy and need either my Pre or Post Filing Certificate. What services do you have available?
- Debt Reduction Services Inc can provide you with your pre-bankruptcy filing Credit Counseling Certificate. This option is available online (with a brief telephone or email exchange follow up) or 100% by phone.
- We can also provide you with your post-bankruptcy filing personal financial management (debtor education) certificate. This service is only available online.
How much do you charge for your certificates?
- Our PRE-filing credit counseling certificate online costs $25 for an individual and $35 for a couple.
- Our PRE-filing credit counseling certificate by phone costs $50 for an individual and $85 for a couple.
- Our POST-filing personal financial management certificate online costs $15 for an individual and $20 for a couple.
- Fee waivers are available. There is a calculator available during the registration process to determine if you are eligible.
How long does it take for me to receive my bankruptcy counseling and education certificate?
PRE-filing counseling certificates are delivered by the end of the next business day (though often the same business day) once we have received all of the necessary information and have had a chance to have a discussion – via telephone usually but also by email at times – about the submitted information.
Can you help me file bankruptcy or give me advice on what I should do?
Since we are not attorneys, and since providing you with advice about your bankruptcy would be practicing law, we are not permitted, nor legally qualified, to do so. We highly recommend that you seek the advice of legal counsel.